[uClinux-dev] GCC tool chain for uClinux

Arlet Ottens arlet at ladybug.xs4all.nl
Tue Jan 23 14:35:16 EST 2001

Vadim Lebedev wrote:

> |[mailto:owner-uclinux-dev at uClinux.org]On Behalf Of Schipper, Martijn
> |
> |I'm fairly new to uClinux, and try to build a stable tool chain.
> |We discovered a
> |bug in GCC 2.96 that can be seen with do_fork:
> |(http://www.uclinux.org/pub/uClinux/archive/0740.html)
> |
> |The GCC Steering Committee says it's undesirable to use this version
> |(http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html), so I wanted to use GCC 2.95.2
> |as starting
> |point.

> You can simply download the toolchain from our site:
> aplionet.aplio.fr/uclinux

Unless I am mistaken, these tools are based on gcc 2.96 which is what
Martijn is trying to avoid.

Instead he's trying to make tools using gcc 2.95.2 as a starting point,
but still wants to apply the patches that went in the Aplio toolchain
for making position independent code without the global offset table
(the -mdisable-got compiler option).

--
Arlet Ottens / Talent Store / Seattle Torn / Art Teen Lost
Very funny, Scotty ... now beam down my clothes.