[uClinux-dev] Ram size and Kernel ?

James Graves jgraves at deltamobile.com
Fri Jan 19 05:16:28 EST 2001

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001, okan VURAL wrote:

> Is there any configuration (file,or ...) about the size of the RAM in
> the kernel codes.I mean does the kernel has to know the size of RAM.And
> if I want to use another RAM that has different size,do I have to change
> some configuration ?

Look at the ld script for your platform in the uClinux kernel
directory.  For example with a uCsimm:

	linux/arch/m68knommu/platform/68EZ328/ucsimm/rom.ld

The top section controls how the kernel sees the layout and size of memory.

Please note, however, that this file doesn't actually control how the
memory is configured on your system.  The initialization code that
programs the chip select registers does this.

James Graves
Delta Mobile Software