[uClinux-dev] Symbolic debugging with GDB/GDBserver on ARM/uClinux

Joe deBlaquiere jadb at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 18:53:52 EST 2001

I think the problem on ARM is that the symbols are not necesarily placed
at equivalent alignments. The ELF executable specifies more rigid
alignment for loading than does FLAT (FLAT section origin is nearest
longword, ELF is probably aligned on a page boundary). I think some
careful attention to the elf2flt/ldelf2flt process and the linker
command file could resolve the issue. A good place to start might be to
link the 'debug version' to an origin of 0x58 (the flat header size)
instead of 0x00 so that the alignments could be satisfied. This would
mean that you would end up subtracting this offset from the load address
in the add-symbol-file command.

I think that is how you really want to approach the problem, but of
course I could be wrong ;o)

--
Joe

--